SCOPE Awards for Excellence and Outstanding Contribution to the Public Sector Management have been conceptualized and instituted to recognize the contribution of Public Enterprises and to encourage outstanding persons for their hard work and leadership qualities. These Awards, for the first time, were instituted for the year 1996-97 and are given in the Institutional & Individual Categories.
Aims & Objectives
- To promote excellence, all round growth and development in organizations where the Public investment is involved
- To foster the Human Resource Development initiatives for optimizing the full potential of men and women working in the PSEs
- To recognize the outstanding contribution made by enterprises and individuals for promoting Organizational Growth
- To encourage and motivate the enterprises as well as their leaders and managers to achieve higher goals of excellence.
Justice R.C. Lahoti, former Chief Justice of India is the Chairman of the Panel of Judges. Other Members of the Panel are Padma Bhushan Dr. M.B. Athreya, renowned Management Consultant; Padmashree Mr. C. Phunsog, former Chairman, PESB; Padma Bhushan Mr. Moosa Raza, Former Secretary, Steel, Government Of India, Mr. Arvind Pandey, Former Chairman, SAIL; Mr. Atul Sobti, DG, SCOPE. M/s Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India Pvt. Ltd., is the evaluating agency which assists the Panel of Judges in deciding the awards.
Details of Awards presented are as under
Category of Awards
- Institutional Category I (Maharatna & Navratna)
- Institutional Category II (Miniratna I & II)
- Institutional Category III (Other profit making PSEs)
- Individual Leadership Category – one each for the above three categories
- Special Institutional Category Award (Turnaround) and
- Outstanding Woman Manager in PSEs
RECIPIENTS OF SCOPE EXCELLENCE AWARDS
|Institutional Category I (Maharatna/Navratna PSE)||ONGC Limited & GAIL (India) Limited||Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd & Neyveli Lignite Corpn Commendation Certificate: ONGC Limited||Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.|
|Institutional Category II (Miniratna I & II PSE)||Goa Shipyard Limited Commendation Certificate: SJVN Limited||WAPCOS Ltd Commendation Certificate: THDC India Ltd||SJVN Limited, THDC India Limited|
|Institutional Category III (Other Profit Making PSE)||Petronet LNG Limited||NTPC-SAIL Power Co Ltd||Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd.
NTPC-SAIL Power Company Limited (Commendation Certificate)
|Individual Leadership Category I (Maharatna/Navratna PSE)||Mr. C.S. Verma, Chairman, SAIL||Mr. Sudhir Vasudeva, CMD, ONGC|| Mr. S. Varadarajan, CMD, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
Ms. Nishi Vasudeva, CMD, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
|Individual Leadership Category II (Miniratna I & II PSE)||Mr. R.K. Gupta, CMD, WAPCOS||Mr. A.K. Purwaha, CMD, EIL||Mr. R.K. Gupta, CMD, WAPCOS Limited|
|Individual Leadership Category III (Other Profit Making PSE)||Mr. Lalit Kohli, MD, NSKFDC||Mr.A.A. Naqvi, MD, NNBCFDC||No Award|
|Special Institutional Category (Turnaround)||Cement Corporation of India||State Farms Corpn of India & ALIMCO||BEML Limited|
|Outstanding Woman Manager in PSEs||Ms Nishi Vasudeva, Director (Mktg), HPCL||Ms Neeru, GGM, Container Corpn of India||Ms. Vartika Shukla, Executive Director (R&D), Engineers India Limited|